Government Funded Aged Care Courses – Are You Eligible?

Interested in studying aged care? Like the idea of becoming a Personal Care Assistant (PCA)? Or maybe you’d like to become a Disability Officer or Diversional Therapy Assistant?

If this is you, then you’re not alone. Aged care is becoming one of Australia’s fastest growing industries with strong demand for qualified Personal Care Assistants continually on the increase. That’s why many students are turning to Yorke Institute for quality training on its aged care course, the CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support. This is a nationally recognised qualification providing students with all the skills and confidence they will need for a new career in the aged care industry.

Common questions regarding eligibility include:

  • Am I eligible for funding in Certificate IV in Ageing Support CHC43015 if I study part-time?
  • Is there an age limit?
  • What if I have a previous qualification?
  • How much money do I save if I qualify for government funding?

Everyone’s circumstances are different, so it’s best to call Yorke Institute and speak directly to one of our Career Advisers to discuss your circumstances, but there are some factors regarding eligibility that you may wish to know.

Who is eligible for government funding?

The criteria for eligibility depend on a number of factors. However, broadly speaking, if you answer yes to the below points, you should be eligible for a government-funded Certificate IV in Ageing Support (CHC43015):

  • You are an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident (appropriate proof of identification is required)
  • You have not completed any prior qualifications

How does it work?

How long does it take to get started?

If you are eligible, the funding process is fast! All that’s required is that you come in and sit face-to-face with a Career Advisor to have a quick chat – and we’ll get you started. It’s that easy.

Is there an age limit on government funding?

No. There is no age limit on government funding for Yorke Institute’s aged care courses, including the CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support. This is great news for people that are thinking of making a career change to a PCA or for mature age students.

Can I study part-time and still receive funding?

Yes. You may be eligible for government funding for either part-time or full-time aged care courses as long as you meet the requisite criteria.

What if I have a previous VET or tertiary qualification?

Australian and New Zealand citizens or permanent residents that have already received a qualification can still study a CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support.  at Yorke Institute. However, your qualification may preclude you from receiving government funding. Give our Career Advisors a call now to discuss your circumstances and options.

Are the courses open to people with disabilities?

Absolutely! All prospective students with disabilities are encouraged to apply.

What about concession entitlements?

If you have a valid concession, you may be able to receive further government funding assistance so please discuss this with our Career Advisors. Call (03) 9042 0231.