New South Wales Smart and Skilled
Smart and Skilled is a reform of the NSW VET system that has been set up to assist people in NSW to obtain the skills they need to find a job they want and build a career in their chosen path. The Smart and Skilled program provides eligible candidates with an entitlement to government subsidised training. Yorke Institute is an approved provider of the Smart and Skilled program. A
As a provider, we believe in upskilling people wanting to start a new career or further their existing career in their chosen fields with Accredited and Recognised qualifications and training.
Yorke Institute works with entry level students or more experienced workers wishing to enhance/develop their underpinning knowledge and practical skills.
As a provider with long standing presence in the industry, our courses are developed and validated by industry experts. We work closely with the industry to provide placements and work experiences to our students. We understand the needs of our students and employers wanting to upskill, so we work closely with them to deliver bespoke training to suit their business needs.
The Smart and Skilled Targeted Priorities Full Qualification Program
Yorke institute is able to provide the candidates with the opportunity to complete the full qualification subsidised under the Smart and Skilled Targeted priorities Full Qualifications in areas identified with skill shortages.
Skills NSW Fee Free Training
The NSW Fee Free for eligible improves access to training for young people, job seekers, First Nations people, unpaid carers, women undertaking study in a non-traditional trades and certain categories of visa holders.
Who is Eligible?
Smart and Skilled provides eligible students with:
- an entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III
- government funding for higher-level courses (Certificate IV and above) in targeted priority areas.
- 15 years old or over
- no longer at school
- living or working in NSW
- an Australian citizen, permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen.
- Contact Yorke Institute to find out your eligibility email or call (02) 8075 4527.
- Complete an enrolment form provided by Yorke Institute
- Provide information appropriate to the enrolment process in the enrolment form together with the evidence of eligibility.
- Eligible candidates will go through an interview before enrolling in the program and to receive Subsidised Training under Smart and Skilled