Build an experienced workforce and create new opportunities through the government-funded Apprenticeship Program
Steer your current & potential employees towards the path of high productivity, improved performance, and quality customer services through the Australian Apprenticeships Incentives Program at Yorke Institute.
If you’re looking to achieve sustained economic recovery and growth for your business, there is no better time than now to empower your workforce through proper education and training.
With the aid of Federal and State-based programs and incentives, employers can now upskill their workforce with formal and structured training in order to provide job security and professional growth opportunities to their employees.
The objective? To contribute to the development of a highly-skilled Australian workforce that supports economic sustainability and competitiveness.
What is an Apprenticeship/ Traineeship?
Australian Apprentices have the opportunity to learn new skills and earn an income while undertaking a qualification. You can become an apprentice at any working age and choose from a range of funded courses offered at Yorke.
The apprenticeship program offers the flexibility of completing it on a full-time or part-time basis. Upon completion, graduates are qualified to work anywhere in Australia and around the world.
How Does the Program Work?
Simply take on an Australian Apprentice in your business before 30 June 2022 to receive:
- A dedicated Training Needs Analysis for your business
- A bespoke qualification for your Apprentice upon successful completion
- Workplace-based training with real-world learning and hands-on experience.
Benefits of the ProgramEmployers:
- Employers will be eligible for wage subsidies and incentives.
- Opportunity to hire more staff and grow your workforce.
- Improve current staff retention with training provided.
- Introduction to new technology, systems and processes relevant to your industry
- Improve customer service and product knowledge.
- Update staff on the necessary legal and compliance frameworks pertinent to your workplace and industry standards.
- Improve your business’s workforce with qualified and skilled personnel.
- Improve performance and productivity at work.
- Provide more opportunities for promotions.
- Meet the organisation’s goals and future direction through the eyes of a skilled workforce.
- Opportunity to learn new skills and expand your career.
- Study while earning an income.
- Flexible study, available in part-time or full-time modes.
- Opportunity to increase your income with wider skills and promotions.
- Accredited, recognised and up to date qualifications recognised globally.
- FREE for funded students with no out of pocket expenses.
Receive Government Funding and Incentives for Eligible Employees!As part of this program, we will assist your business to avail Federal and State Government-funded programs and employer incentives based on eligibility. Your organisation can be of any size, industry, or geographic location to benefit from this wage subsidy. All you have to do is engage an Australian apprentice in a qualification higher than a Certificate II and begin this program before 30 June 2022. Apprentices must be:
- An Australian or New Zealand, Citizen or Permanent Resident
- A full-time or part-time employee
- A new or existing staff member
- Not receiving any other form of Australian Government wage subsidies such as Supporting Apprentices and Trainees or JobKeeper
Wage SubsidiesHow much wage subsidy and incentive do I receive? • Up to 50% or a maximum of $28,000 per eligible Australian Apprentice is offered to businesses engaged under this program with Yorke Institute. • Payments will be made at $7000 per quarter per eligible Australian Apprentice for wages paid in the 12 months from the date of commencement of the program. • Payments will be made quarterly in arrears, with the first claims for the subsidy available from 1 January 2021 and the final claims for payment lodged by 30 June 2023.
Approved Traineeship Courses
What Next?The apprenticeship program requires an apprentice, employer and an RTO to offer a suitable course. Whether you are the apprentice or employer intending to hire an apprentice, we will guide you to completing the right processes to commence the Apprenticeship program with us as the registered training organisation to complete your training. An apprenticeship is an important part of your journey from a student to a professional worker. At Yorke, we want to assure you an enjoyable, rewarding and stress-free experience.
Contact us for a FREE eligibility assessment of your staff to identify those eligible for government-funded courses and for the business to meet the Australian Apprenticeship Criteria.