- 0 (Registered)
The Engineering Education Australia (EEA) Professional Year Program in Engineering was developed to equip international engineering graduates from Australian universities with the skills and experience they need to become job ready and to empower themselves for a rewarding career.
The program consists of theoretical training as well as mandatory engineering work placement to provide a pathway from study to employment in Australia.
Yorke Institute is one of the approved and licensed providers fully endorsed by EEA to deliver the Professional Year in Engineering across Australia.
The Yorke Institute Professional Year Program in Engineering includes:
- 32 weeks of coursework covering Leadership and Management in Australian work practice and legislative requirements, WHS, business communications, job search skills and simulated workplace training. Students who successfully complete the coursework component will be issued with a BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management qualification.
- Mandatory 10-12 weeks work placement.
A professional work placement will provide you with opportunities to apply your university learning in the real-world, to acquire new skills in your engineering discipline and to grow your industry network.
We ensure that each host company understands how best to assist you to achieve your professional development goals and our aim is to ensure that all our engineering candidates are successfully placed into a professional work placement related to engineering.
- Qualify for 5 migration points towards your permanent residency application. For more information, visit Department of Home Affairs.
- Practical work experience in your field of study;
- Grow your professional network and join relevant professional associations;
- A nationally accredited BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management;
- Professional Year Program certificate;
Grading and Assessments
Participants are graded on classroom attendance and participation, assessment tasks and completion of the 10 – 12-week work placement in engineering.
Quality and Compliance
Our focus on quality ensures you receive the most up-to-date job training and advice, and the maximum benefit from your work placement experience.
Yorke Institute is approved by The Department of Home Affairs (DHA) and The Professional Body Engineering Education Australia (EEA) to offer the Professional Year Program in Australia.
- 100% attendance is required by DHA and enforced by Yorke Institute;
- Our training and assessment practices are compliant under ASQA Standards for Registered Training Organisations;
- Yorke Institute is a registered training organisation RTO: 22040;
- All of Yorke Institute’s Trainers delivering the course hold a current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or higher, and a minimum Certificate IV in the relevant vocational qualification;
- Yorke Institute trainers are experienced and maintain currency in the Australian workplace and provide excellence in teaching adults utilising best practice adult learning techniques;
- All applicants prior to enrolment will be interviewed and assessed by a panel comprised of qualified Engineers, Business and Management consultants and program delivery managers to assess suitability for the program and work placements;
- Work Placement Coordinators perform a minimum of one workplace progress assessment during each work placement;
- All Yorke Institute Professional graduates are surveyed for student satisfaction and feedback during and upon completion of the Professional Year Program.
To qualify for the Professional Year in Engineering Program, you must:
- have completed an undergraduate or postgraduate award in Australia for Engineering;
- hold or applied for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485, either stream) with at least 12 months validity or;
- hold an eligible Secondary Visa with work and study rights with at least 12 months validity;
- have at least a PTE-A score of 50 with nothing below 36 or IELTS score of 6.0 with nothing below 5, in all 4 competencies or equivalent;
- provide a valid skills assessment from Engineering Education Australia.
For further information visit the Engineering Education Australia.
Location and Start Dates
The Professional Year in Engineering Program is offered by Yorke Institute in:
Sydney – Level 14, 309 Kent Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000
Start Dates are as follows:
Saturday 30th November
Thursday 6th February
Saturday 7th March
Bring your own device (BYOD)
With increased use of educational tools throughout the Professional Year Program in Engineering coursework, participants will need to bring their own device (e.g. laptops, tablets) during training sessions in order to fulfill work-simulated activities.
BYOD minimum requirements are as follows:
- Operating System: Windows 8 Home Edition or later
- Processor: Intel Core i3 / AMD 2.0 Ghz or better
- RAM: Minimum 4 GB, recommended 8GB
- Hard Drive: 128GB SSD (256GB SSD recommended if not using Cloud storage)
- Display: 13 inch full HD (1920 x 1080) with a built-in webcam
- WiFi: 802.1x compliant
- USB Headsets with microphone
- Device must be fully charged
Curriculum is empty
- Skilled Recognised Graduate visa (476)
- Secondary visa holder of other visa (457/ENS/RSMS/Labour Agreement)